The Restaurant & Terrace
Set within the old stables of the 17th Century Manor House, the Restaurant is a warm, atmospheric
space. Iron beamed ceilings, terracotta tiling and the red “rodeno “stone walls create a welcoming
ambiance that opens out on to astonishing views; a landscape of almond and thousand year old olive
trees, from which rises the imposing and beautiful Penyagolosa.
Throughout the Summer months and in the warmer Spring and Autumn evenings, enjoy al fresco dining
by candlelight. Our terrace was built on the ancient medieval wall of Vilafamés, whose high walls are so
lushly covered with climbing greenery, it became known as the vertical garden and from which it takes
its name, “El Jardin Vertical”. We would particularly recommend the glorious sunsets on the
Penyagolosa, or the views of the almond trees in full blossom towards the end of January, appreciated
right from the comfort of your table.
Light refreshments on our Terrace, or Restaurant
– Selection of Iberian cured meats 12€
– Selection of artisan cheeses from the area. 15€
– Jamón Ibérico de Bellota – the finest Iberian cured ham. 16€
– Toasted bread with a choice of: Sobrasada (Mallorcan spicy sausage paste) with Honey / Queso Fresco
(creamy, light and unaged cheese) with Salmon / Paté with Caramelised Onion. 4€
– Home-made Croquettes with Jamón Ibérico 9€
– Gazpacho / Vichyssoise / Beetroot Soup 4€
… AND FINE WINE TO SHARE
ENJOY OUR HOME-MADE BREAKFASTS, WITH LOCALLY SOURCED QUALITY PRODUCE.
– Freshly squeezed orange juice.
– Freshly ground coffee and tea infusions.
– Freshly baked, home-made cakes and pastries.
– Toasted bread with freshly squeezed tomato and Vilafamés virgin olive oil.
– Cured meats and jamón.
– Cheeses, quince jelly.